LV= uses cookies to give you the best experience online and to provide anonymised, aggregated site usage data. You can find out what cookies we use and how you can disable them in our Cookie Policy. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy unless you have disabled them.

skip to main content

Landlord insurance

Defaqto 5 Star rated landlord insurance

A set of house keys and a LET house shaped keyring

Three reasons to choose LV= Landlord Insurance

  1. 12-month guarantee on repairs when you use our recommended repairer
  2. 24-hour legal helpline if you need help with any property disputes
  3. 10% discount if you already have car or home insurance with us

Just so you know, our residential landlord insurance is best for landlords who...

  1. Let their properties to private tenants
  2. Let their properties to tenants for six months or more*

*Except Scottish lets which must have a Private Residential Tenancy Agreement

Not sure if we can insure you?

We won’t be able to offer landlord insurance if the policyholder isn’t a private individual or if you want cover for:

  • Blocks of flats or multiple properties (you can insure multiple properties under separate policies)
  • Holiday lets or business premises

More information

Sorry, we can't insure you if:

  • the property is used for mixed residential and commercial use
  • the property is used as holiday let
  • you allow the property to be sub-let
  • you let the property for periods of less than 6 months (except Scottish lets which must have a Private Residential Tenancy Agreement)
  • your tenancy agreement is with a housing association, local council or university
  • the property is a building converted into 2 or more flats
  • the property has been subdivided into bedsits (room only accommodation where the tenants share kitchen or bathroom facilities)
  • the property isn't in a good state of repair or is undergoing renovation, structural repairs or alteration
  • the property has six or more bedrooms

What can you expect if you choose our Landlord cover?

  1. Up to £1million Buildings cover that includes damage by fire, flood, storm or accidental damage
  2. Up to £50,000 loss of rent cover or alternative accommodation costs if there's damage to your rental property or it becomes uninhabitable (up to £25,000 if contents only)
  3. Cover for subsidence, heave or landslip
  4. Up to £5million property owners' liability for compensation and third party legal expenses
  5. Choose to add up to £50,000 landlord's contents insurance to cover items owned by you, e.g. carpets, furniture and any white goods

What's not covered...

  1. Gradual wear and tear
  2. Breakdown of home appliances
  3. Fences damaged by storm

For full details of what's not covered, take a look at our policy documents.

Cover your property with LV= landlord insurance

Call for a quote?
Call our UK-based call centre on:

0800 756 8290

8am - 8pm Monday to Friday

9am - 5pm Saturday and bank holidays

10am - 4pm Sunday

Calls will be recorded

Defaqto landlord logo