Insurance FAQs

Will I still be able to ride my motorbike in Europe after Brexit?

If you’re planning to travel abroad (including to the Republic of Ireland), you must request a Green Card to make sure you’re covered.   

You can request a Green Card by filling out our Green Card application. 

You might also need an International Driving Permit (IDP) to drive in some EU countries and Norway if you have:

  • A paper driving licence
  • A licence issued in Gibraltar, Guernsey, Jersey or the Isle of Man

You can check with the Post Office or embassy of the country you’ll be driving in.

Find out more about International Driving Permits 

Find out more about travelling to the EU 

If you have European cover (shown as ‘Foreign Use’ on your policy schedule), you’re all set to go with cover for up to 180 days. 
Take your motorbike insurance policy documents with you if you travel to the EU. Having your Certificate of Insurance and other documents, including any lease documents if you lease your motorbike may help if you experience any problems while driving abroad. 
You may be refused entry to the country you are travelling to or you could be subject to a fine, having your vehicle seized or prosecution if you don't have a valid Green Card when travelling abroad.