Insurance FAQs

Will I need a Green Card or any other documents to travel in the EU?

Yes, as of 1 January 2021 you will need a physical Green Card to travel in the EU. A digital copy on a smartphone or tablet is not acceptable under the Green Card system. Your cover will remain the same. 

You will also need to display a GB sticker on your car. 

You should take your log book (V5C) and other similar documentation with you if you're leasing a car. You might also need an International Driving Permit (IDP) to drive in some EU countries and Norway if you have:

  • A paper driving licence
  • A licence issued in Gibraltar, Guernsey, Jersey or the Isle of Man

You can check with the Post Office or embassy of the country you’ll be driving in.

Find out more about International Driving Permits

Find out more about travelling to the EU