Friday, August 22, 2014
We may often imagine what it may be like to experience the lifestyles of the rich and the famous, but in reality, when it comes to being happy, it isn’t about how much money you have in the bank or how popular/well known you are.
It’s the little things that bring a smile to our face, that entertain us on an everyday basis and make us feel good. And, for the most part, they don’t cost a thing. Here’s a rundown of those small yet affecting things that bring joy to our lives.
1. Waking up fresh a minute or so before your alarm goes off and savouring that quiet moment of brilliance.
2. Spotting an old couple holding hands, kissing or laughing, because it reaffirms your belief that true love only gets stronger.
3. Enjoying the peculiar, yet captivating smell of new trainers. If only they could make a candle scent in it.
4. Finding a reasonable amount of money in your bag, your jacket, in a drawer, under some books and so on. Feels like you’ve chanced on treasure.
5. Passing through one green traffic light after another when you’re in a rush for an important meeting or social event.
6. Heading to a bar after a long day at work, ordering your favourite drink and relishing the sweet taste of victory that comes with your first sip.
7. Discovering the perfect pen and then going a little crazy bulk buying it for fear that its production will immediate stop.
8. Getting into bed with fresher than fresh sheets and snuggling into the perfect position. It’s close to bliss.
9. Heading to a till with an expensive product that you’ve had your eyes on for ages and find that it has been reduced in price somewhat epically.
10. Remembering something that you’d completely forgotten about and feeling your heart glow at the memory of that amazing moment.
Stay up to date with the latest news, articles and competitions.
By providing your name and email address, you agree to receiving the Love Life newsletter on a monthly basis.