We're here to pay claims, and to pay them as quickly as possible. Here you'll find all the information you'll need to make a claim.
How does it work?
- Check your policy conditions to make sure you’re covered for what you’re claiming for and if you’re not sure, please contact us and we’ll let you know.
- Contact us as soon as possible - you can call, write or email, whichever suits you best.
- We'll discuss your claim with you and send you a claims pack within 24 hours. We can post or email this to you.
- We can take you through the questions over the phone but we'll still need to send you the forms so you can check the answers and sign the consent forms.
How to contact us?
- Call our Claims Department on 0800 756 5869 or for TextDirect call 18001 0800 756 5869.
- If you're calling from overseas, you can contact our UK based claims team on +44 1392 366 685.
- Lines are open: 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- E-mail us: [email protected].
- Write to us: Health Claims, LV= Health Claims Team, Emperor House, Grenadier Road, Exeter Business Park, Exeter, EX1 3LH.
For TextDirect first dial 18001. We will record and/or monitor calls for training and audit purposes.
What information will we need?
- We would need to see the following documentation for a critical illness claim.
- A claim form completed by you – or a next of kin if you are unable to do so.
- Consent forms signed by you so that we can obtain additional medical reports where necessary.
- If you have any copy medical reports from your doctors, please send a copy of these to us.
- If we need additional information we'll explain why and keep you up to date as we obtain this.
What you're covered for
- A lump sum on death.
- A lump sum on diagnosis of one of the listed illnesses in your policy, or when you meet the claim definition within the policy.
- We can only look at the critical illness definition included within your policy, as conditions change over time. You therefore need to check your own policy conditions as to your eligibility of your claim.
Regrettably, we’re not always able to pay a claim. We'll always fully consider and review all evidence before we decline a claim and explain our reasons for doing so.