- New policy covers customers if they fall ill with any coronavirus or contagious disease either before or during their trip.
- Emergency medical and repatriation costs also included, along with additional accommodation and transport costs while abroad for customers asked to isolate because they have tested positive for COVID-19 or been in contact with someone who has.
LV= General Insurance (LV=GI) is today announcing that it is once again offering travel insurance policies to new customers, with cover introduced to reflect the changes affecting travel caused by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The new policy terms mean that customers buying a travel insurance policy with LV= GI will be covered for cancellation if they test positive for any coronavirus and are unable to travel, or are ordered to quarantine due to suspected exposure to COVID-19 or other infectious diseases.
Additionally, the new policy protects customers if they fall ill with any coronavirus during their trip, or are instructed by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) to return home. Emergency medical and related expenses are included and any additional accommodation and transport costs incurred due to an extended trip caused by quarantine abroad will also be covered, in the event that the customer has been specifically asked to isolate either because they have tested positive for COVID-19 or been in contact with someone who has.
However, a new pandemic exclusion has been added to the policy which excludes cancellation claims for COVID-19 or other pandemics in the event the Government imposes lockdowns and restrictions, or cancellations are made by airlines and tour operators. These terms also apply to existing customers for any new trips booked after their next renewal, effective from today (14th September 2020).
Heather Smith, Managing Director of the LV= GI Direct business, said: “For the last few months we’ve been focused on supporting our existing travel insurance customers but I’m delighted that from today we can also welcome back new customers to LV= GI.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has created volatility and uncertainty for everyone, not least in the travel industry where things are changing all the time, but we are confident within our new policy terms that there is sufficient cover in place to meet the needs of our customers and protect them against personal impacts outside their control.”
Customers can buy travel insurance online at lv.com/travel-insurance or call on 0330 678 6222 to discuss their policy options over the phone.
About Liverpool Victoria General Insurance
- LV= General Insurance provides car, home, pet, travel, landlord breakdown and home emergency insurance to over 7 million customers in the UK.
- We’re the UK’s third largest personal lines insurer with just over £2 billion in annual premium income.
- We offer our products and services directly to consumers as well as through intermediaries, including brokers, affinity partners and IFAs.
- LV= General Insurance uses the LV= brand under licence from the Liverpool Victoria Financial Services Group and the L&G brand under licence from the Legal & General Group.
- We are part of the Allianz Group, one of the world's leading insurers and asset managers with more than 92 million retail and corporate customers.
- The LV= General Insurance newsroom includes links to our news release archive and image library.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here.
- Follow us on twitter.
- Follow us on LinkedIn.