LV= General Insurance’s voice skill for Amazon Alexa and Google Home Assistant has passed 1000 questions successfully answered, with a number of these relating to the impact of Covid-19.
Since its launch in January of this year, the industry-first voice skill has been available for customers to have policy-based questions answered without having to contact anyone or read through their documents.
Over 1000 questions have now been answered at an average of just over seven per day since launch, with 13pc of these relating to Covid-19 restrictions. The most popular questions have been:
• Can I drive in Europe?
• Can I drive other cars?
• What are the cover benefits?
Of the questions relating to Covid-19, the most common have been:
• Can I still make a claim?
• Am I covered to use my car for volunteering?
• How is LV= dealing with coronavirus?
The voice app, which has a customer rating of 4.7 out of 5, is available on all Alexa and Google Home devices. Once downloaded, customers will be able to ask their smart speaker to “Open LV”.
Jon Mansley, LV= GI Sales and Marketing Director, said:
“We’re really pleased with the take-up of our voice skill, which is clearly providing some reassurance to our customers during this difficult time. It’s great that we can give answers across a range of products and subjects to people in their own homes, and it also ensures that our call handlers are freed up to deal with queries from key workers, or administer the distribution of our Green Heart Support fund.”
About Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group Limited
- LV= General Insurance provides car, home, pet, travel, landlord breakdown and home emergency insurance to over 7 million customers in the UK.
- We’re the UK’s third largest personal lines insurer with just over £2 billion in annual premium income.
- We offer our products and services directly to consumers as well as through intermediaries, including brokers, affinity partners and IFAs.
- LV= General Insurance uses the LV= brand under licence from the Liverpool Victoria Financial Services Group.
- We are part of the Allianz Group, one of the world's leading insurers and asset managers with more than 92 million retail and corporate customers.
- The LV= General Insurance newsroom includes links to our news release archive and image library.
- Read more about us for an introduction to what we do and how we do it
- Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/lv?lang=en
- Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/lv