LV= General Insurance (LV= GI), one of the largest home insurers in the UK, is today reassuring all its home insurance customers that their policies automatically cover them for working from home. As such, there is no need for customers to worry about informing them of any changes in their circumstances that may have been driven by COVID-19, as the cover in place exists as standard for all policies.
The reassurance comes as a result of the pledge made by the Association of British Insurers (ABI) at the beginning of lockdown that homeowners would be covered for working from home through COVID-19 being reviewed on 1 September 2020.
As standard, all home insurance policies with LV= GI automatically insure customers who are in the following circumstances:
- Those who are either choosing to work from home or have been made to do so. Office equipment owned by customers, such as desks, printers and chairs are covered as standard. Any equipment provided by their employer, such as laptops, monitors and chairs aren't covered, but this should be insured by the company.
- Those running a business from home and doing clerical work. Contents are covered up to £5,000 under the Home policy and £10,000 under the HomePlus policy.
- People who are running a business from home that isn’t limited to clerical work and involves regular visitors, for example childminding, tutoring or beauty therapy will continue to be covered subject to certain terms (e.g. no cover for liability if something goes wrong), provided LV= GI has been told about the business when the policy was bought and cover was agreed.
Heather Smith, Managing Director of LV= GI Direct, said:
“Through COVID-19, many people have found themselves having to work from home and even though lockdown restrictions are easing some are realising that they would much prefer to continue working this way in the future, irrespective of what happens with COVID-19. Our customers have always been covered for working from home as standard and this will remain the case, even after the 1 September when the pledge by the ABI is reviewed. So our customers don’t need to worry about contacting us and they can comfortably work at home, safe in the knowledge that they are covered.”
More information on the support being provided to Home insurance customers at this time can be found on the LV= General Insurance Coronavirus hub.
About Liverpool Victoria General Insurance
- LV= General Insurance provides car, home, pet, travel, landlord breakdown and home emergency insurance to over 7 million customers in the UK.
- We’re the UK’s third largest personal lines insurer with just over £2 billion in annual premium income.
- We offer our products and services directly to consumers as well as through intermediaries, including brokers, affinity partners and IFAs.
- LV= General Insurance uses the LV= brand under licence from the Liverpool Victoria Financial Services Group and the L&G brand under licence from the Legal & General Group.
- We are part of the Allianz Group, one of the world's leading insurers and asset managers with more than 92 million retail and corporate customers.
- The LV= General Insurance newsroom includes links to our news release archive and image library.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here.
- Follow us on twitter.
- Follow us on LinkedIn.