Insurance FAQs

What is contents insurance and how much do I need to insure my contents for?

With our Home Insurance policy, contents insurance covers loss or damage to your household items in your home and outbuildings. Generally these are items that you would take with you if you moved, such as:

  • beds
  • sofas
  • rugs
  • curtains
  • carpets

To work out the total amount of contents cover you need you should add together the value of all your contents plus valuables, bicycles and personal belongings.

You can try our handy home insurance contents calculator to help work out how much your stuff is worth.  The amount should also reflect how much it would cost to replace all of your items as new. You must make sure that the amount is correct as it may reduce your claim if you fail to do so.