How to spring clean your home: Mrs D’s expert guide
It’s that time of the year…spring! Flowers are blossoming, and the sun is (hopefully) making a return. It might be the last thing you’d like to do on your day off, but there's no better feeling than having a squeaky-clean house to mark the new season. It’s time to spring forward, so we’ve partnered with cleaning expert, Mrs D, to provide you with the ultimate guide to spring cleaning.
- 85% of Brits believe the tradition of spring cleaning is 'on the way out’
- 51% of Brits admit they worry about the cleanliness of their property
- Spring cleaning can help reducing the flare up of seasonal allergies
We know that spring cleaning can be time consuming, and certain tasks can be easily forgotten. So, before you get started, here’s our simple checklist to make you don’t miss any important spots in your home…
- Electric appliances: refrigerator, freezer, oven, washing machine and dryer
- Living room: sofas, curtains, drapes and throws
- Bedrooms: bedding, blankets and don’t forget mattresses!
- Bathrooms: toilets, sinks and showers
Why should you give your home a spring clean?
Not only is spring cleaning a great way to boost your home’s atmosphere and aesthetic, it has so many positive benefits for both your mental and physical health which Mrs D emphasises:
- Wellbeing: It’s really true that a clean home = a clean mind. Most people find that spring cleaning makes them feel more positive in their day to day lives, which can improve moods too.
- Physical health: Many allergens hibernate over the winter months and once spring arrives, it’s time for them to start creeping back out again, so a spring clean can help keep on top of those allergens and reduce the flare up of seasonal allergies.
Now that you have the tips to give your home a well needed deep-clean, don’t forget to check out our home insurance products to make sure your home is protected.
This article contains links to other sites, and we're not responsible for the contents of any of these websites.