Insurance FAQs

Is food in my freezer covered by Home Contents insurance?

Yes, we will pay up to £750 to replace food in your freezer if it gets damaged because your freezer broke down, a domestic fuse blew, there was a public gas or electricity supply failure , or your freezer had a refrigerant leakage.

If your freezer is left open or gets disconnected by accident, your food will be covered if you have extended accidental damage cover on your contents insurance.

To add full accidental damage cover to an existing policy, call us on 0800 633 5212 - we'll be happy to help.

Lines are open:

8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
9am - 5pm Saturday and bank holidays
10am - 4pm Sunday

Calls will be recorded. For Text Phone: dial 18001 first.