Now you can talk to us through Amazon Alexa and Google Assistants
Available on Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant-enabled devices, our new Alexa Skill and Google Action (the ability to talk to us) is here to answer questions about your LV= car, home, travel and breakdown insurance policies.
You can ask us whether you can drive abroad, how you can make a claim on your car, home, travel or breakdown policy, and even how to add your friend (Alexa, maybe?) as a named driver.
And in case you're wondering, we're still LV= but we've dropped the equals for this one – we don't want to confuse the bots, do we?
What questions can I ask ?
Start by saying "Open LV" or "Ask LV". You'll be asked which product you'd like to talk about, then we're good to go!
Here's what you can ask...
- Am I covered to drive in France?
- Can I insure an electric and non-electric car on one policy?
- How does a multi car policy work?
- My pipes have burst – am I covered on my home insurance?
- Are the contents of my garage covered?
- Does my travel insurance include Coronavirus cover?
- Are there age restrictions on my travel insurance?
Here's what you can't do (yet!)...
- Get a new quote
- Change or cancel your policy
- Make a payment
- Renew your policy
- Ask when your policy is due to end
- Access policy details (like your excess amount)
How do I get started? It's as easy as 1-2-3
1) Visit the Amazon Skills Store and log into your account
2) Download the LV= voice app
3) Say "Alexa, open LV" or "Alexa, ask LV"
4) When asked, tell Alexa which product you'd like to chat about
1) Visit the Google Assistant Library and log into your account
2) Download the LV= voice app
3) Say "Hey Google, open LV" or "OK Google, ask LV".
4) When asked, tell Google which product you'd like to chat about
What can it do?
You can ask the Alexa Skill and Google Action any question about your LV= car, home, travel or breakdown insurance policy.
Can I ask questions about any of your other products?
At the moment, you can only ask questions about your LV= car, home, travel or breakdown insurance policy.
Rate and review our voice app...
We’d really appreciate it if you could provide us with a bit of feedback to help us improve the experience, and to let us know of any features you’d like to see in the future. You can do this by leaving a rating or review on the Amazon or Google platforms:
On your mobile device for Amazon:
- Open the Alexa App and tap "Skills & Games"
- Go to "Your Skills
- Select "LV" and scroll down to "Write a review"
Or, on your computer, follow this link to the Amazon Skill directory
On your mobile device for Google:
- Open the Google Assistant app and tap “Your Actions”
- Select “LV” and use the action
- At the end of your session, select your rating
Or, on your computer, follow this link to the Google action directory
Our Google and Alexa voice apps have won an award
...and we're pretty proud of it
Our LV= voice apps for Alexa and Google, developed with our voice partner Rabbit & Pork, won The Voice of Money Award for Best Financial Voice/AI Experience as part of the Project Voice initiative based in the US. We're pretty proud of that. (Awarded in 2021)