LV= and The Cricketer are teaming up once more for the Pride of Cricket Awards.
Nominations for the LV= Insurance Pride of Cricket Awards 2023 are open in six categories, highlighting the extraordinary stories of dedication, compassion and inspiration across the club and community game in England and Wales.
The awards aim to highlight the best that amateur cricket has to offer. Have a read through the categories below and find out how to nominate someone from your cricket community!
- LV= Pride of Cricket Award: An award for lifetime contribution to the grassroots game.
- LV= Club Hero: An award for contributions to the club game which go way above the call of duty. Anyone of any age can be nominated for this award.
- LV= Young Hero: An award for exceptional contributions to cricket among the under-18 community. Anyone nominated for this award must have been under the age of 18 on April 1, 2023.
- LV= Fundraising Hero: An award designed to showcase feats of charitable brilliance. Anyone of any age can be nominated for this award.
- LV= Community Hero: An award designed to highlight the work of individuals, groups, programmes and organisations to extend cricket's reach in the community - this could be through charities or schools, for example.
- LV= Media Hero: An award designed to showcase the very best of cricket in the world of old and new media - this could be use of social media, improvisation, podcasting, or use of live streaming, for example.
Find out more on the categories and how to make a nomination.
LV= Insurance Pride of Cricket Award 2023
Nominations can be made at any time up until midday on September 1 2023, with the entries being whittled down to shortlists in each category prior to a public vote. Nominees can be entered into more than one category, although separate entries will need to be made for each.
Every cricket club and every cricket community has an individual who has spent their life making our sport more accessible. And now it's time to recognise their years of commitment and immense achievements.
The Cricketer and LV= Insurance have teamed up to present the LV= Insurance Pride of Cricket Award, highlighting the very best of the cricket family.
- Do you know someone who's spent decades coaching in inner cities, inspiring the next generation of cricketers?
- Who at your club is on the mowers and rollers each week without fail, making sure pitches are suitable for their clubmates?
- Do you know an individual who's put their every waking moment into establishing opportunities for young people, women, the disabled community and under-represented groups within cricket?
Help us tell their story.
The LV= Insurance Pride of Cricket Award is open to anyone.
Previous winners of LV= Insurance Pride of Cricket Awards are not eligible for nomination, however anyone previously nominated who did not win can be re-entered.
Winners in 2022 came from all regions of the country and were aged between 11 and 80.
To watch and read the tributes of each of the six 2022 winners, click here.