Brexit and your commercial insurance

Wondering how Brexit will affect your commercial insurance? 

Brexit and your Policies

Let's start with Brexit and your policies...

Brexit is a changing situation but don’t worry, we’re keeping a close eye on it. For regular news and updates, keep checking this page.

The Withdrawal Agreement has been approved for Brexit, which is good news as it means that you can continue to drive within the EU for the time being, without the need for a Green Card. 

Here every step of the way 

As we move beyond this key milestone and progress through the transition period, we’ve grabbed our magnifying glass so that we can keep a close eye on how our future trading relationships with the EU may affect you and your policies.  

As trade negotiations develop, we’ll continually update you on how this could affect your policy at the end of the transition period on 31 December 2020. Take a look at some of our most frequently asked questions below.

What happens after 31 January 2020? 
With a Brexit withdrawal agreement now confirmed, you can drive in the EU as freely as you did before Brexit (including in the Republic of Ireland). However, this position could change at the end of the transition period (31 December 2020) once detailed trade negotiations are completed.

If requested, can I get a Green Card for travel in the EU?
Currently, you don’t need a Green Card to drive in the EU. However, if you plan on driving in Europe and would like a Green Card for peace of mind, you should discuss this with your broker. 

What happens after 31 December 2020?
That’s an untold chapter in the story of Brexit – we’ll continue to monitor this situation and provide updates as appropriate.

Keeping our eyes peeled - if it looks like Green Cards will be needed to travel in the EU as we approach the end of the transition period, we’ll work with your broker to ensure that all appropriate measures are in place to keep you on the road.

For regular news and updates, keep checking this page