Insurance FAQs

Will Brexit impact caravan and trailer insurance?

If you’re planning to tow your caravan or trailer abroad (including to the Republic of Ireland), you should contact your car insurer who will need to provide separate Green Cards for your car and for your caravan or trailer. 

If your car insurance is with LV= and you’re planning to travel abroad (including to the Republic of Ireland), you must request a Green Card to make sure you’re covered.

Please email us at [email protected] with the following:

  • Your policy number and vehicle registration of your car
  • The make of your caravan or trailer
  • The registration number of your caravan or trailer (if they’re registered separately)

Please allow enough time for your Green Card to arrive. We’ll post it 1st Class on the next working day.

Green Cards are valid until your next policy renewal date, so you can travel as much as you like on the same Green Card within the 180 day policy limit.