Here are some of the benefits of our comprehensive car insurance:
- Accidental damage cover - Scratched or dented your car? We pay for repairs so it's good as new.
- Uninsured driver promise - If the other driver's not insured and you have to claim, you keep your no claim discount and there's no excess to pay, as long as you have the other driver's details.
- Vandalism promise - If your car is damaged by vandalism, you won't lose your no claim discount. You'll need to report the incident to the police and provide us with the crime reference number and pay the excess.
- Lifetime guarantee on repairs (when using our recommended repairer service, for as long as you own the vehicle. Labour only, excludes parts)
- Personal accident cover - £10,000 cover if the worst happens and any named driver(s) are injured.
- Personal belongings cover - £300 cover for loss or damage to stuff in your car, like clothes, your bag or mobile phone.
- A new-for-old car replacement - If your car is written off and it’s less than 12 months old, we replace it with a brand new one.
Have a look at your document of insurance for a full list of the cover benefits.
Am I entitled to a courtesy car with my policy?
Guaranteed hire car cover doesn't come as standard with our car insurance, but you can add it to your policy any time - just check out our optional extras. Check your schedule of insurance to see if you're covered.
Want to add guaranteed hire car cover to an existing policy? Chat now, or call us on 0800 085 5663 - we'll be happy to help.
Lines are open:
8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
9am - 5pm Saturday and bank holidays
10am - 4pm Sunday
Calls will be recorded. For Text Phone: dial 18001 first.
What's car insurance personal accident cover?
This cover is if you, your partner or named driver suffer a severe injury while in the car, or getting in or out of the car.
The cover applies if you, your partner or any named drivers of the vehicle were in an accident and the injury resulted in:
- Permanent or total loss of sight in one or both eyes
- Permanent or total loss of hearing in one or both ears
- Permanent loss of any limb above the wrist or ankle
- Permanent loss of use of any limb above the wrist or ankle
- Permanent, total disablement; or
You can find more information about personal accident cover in our car insurance policy document. If you choose comprehensive cover, you can increase this amount from £10,000 to £100,000 when you get your quote.
What else can I add to my car insurance policy?
We offer a range of optional extras to enhance your car insurance - what's more is that you can tailor your cover exactly how you want it.
- Breakdown cover from LV= Britannia Rescue
- £100,000 personal accident cover to cover you, your partner and named drivers for serious injury when using your car
- Up to £100,000 Motor legal expenses
- Option to protect your no claim discount for the life of your policy
- Guaranteed hire car while your car is being repaired, with the option to upgrade to a similar size car
Conditions apply and some of these options aren't available for all cover levels. See our optional extras for more information.
All content is approved by our in-house advisory board of experts.