Insurance FAQs

Will I still be able to drive my classic car in Europe after Brexit?

As a Brexit withdrawal agreement has been confirmed, you're be able to drive in Europe as freely as you could before Brexit (including in the Republic of Ireland). However, this position could change at the end of the transition period (31 Dec 2020) once detailed trade negotiations are complete. But, for now and throughout 2020, if you have LV= European cover (shown as 'Foreign Use' on your policy schedule), you're all set to go with cover for up to 180 days.

This means there is no official requirement to have a Green Card when driving in the EU, but if you wish to get one as a precaution, please visit our Brexit page.