Insurance FAQs

Can I use my vehicle to aid in the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine?

Yes. We'll cover you to use your privately-owned vehicle to aid in the humanitarian crisis unfolding in Ukraine:

  • You're covered to transport aid around the UK and for all other volunteering purposes you need your vehicle for.
  • We’ll also provide the same level of cover that you have in the UK (for the cover period stated in your documents) when driving within the ‘Free Circulation without Green Card’ zone. Please remember, Ukraine and Russia are not in this zone.

Make sure you familiarise yourself with all regulations around the cross-border transport of goods and make sure you’re following any travel advice issued by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office. Please also check your policy documents carefully for any limits of cover or policy exclusions.

You don't need to let us know if you're using your car to volunteer and your cover won't be affected at all.

If you’re unsure of anything, just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.