European breakdown cover
Here's what you need to know before you head off on your European roadtrip...
- If you break down on the motorway or at a motorway service station in France, you’ll have to call for help from the orange SOS box on the side of the road, or 112 from your mobile. You’ll be put through to the police or motorway service operator who will send their provider to help you.
- Recovery agents may not speak English, so customers are advised to call the assistance service if there is any translation required.
- The replacement vehicle entitlement will not be activated if you can’t produce a valid driver's licence and credit card under the same name and agencies in Europe will not accept debit cards. You will also need to have sufficient funds in your account to cover the deposit, as this will not be covered by your insurance or Opteven.
- Make sure you travel with your driver's licence, original insurance certificate and the V5 of the vehicle. This is a legal requirement in many countries. You should check before you leave. If you plan to drive a car hired in the UK abroad, then you should carry a VE103 Certificate.
- Garages in France close between 12 and 2pm for lunch. Garages in Spain close for 'siesta' but the times vary from garage to garage.
- You will need to display a UK sticker clearly on the rear of your vehicle if your number plate doesn’t have it. Since September 2021 a GB sticker or number plate isn’t sufficient.
- It is illegal in France and some other European countries (Germany for one) to change just one tyre on an axle of a vehicle; both tyres on a shared axle need to be changed.
- Drivers in some larger cities in France will need to purchase a ‘clean air’ sticker to denote the level of emissions a vehicle produces.
- Warning triangles, fluorescent jackets and first aid kits are compulsory in some countries.
- Pets will not be allowed on any ferries to cross the channel unless they are in a cage within a vehicle.
LV= Britannia European Breakdown Cover FAQs
Want a little more info? Take a read of the policy document
You can get this and other documents from us in Braille, large print or audio by contacting us.