Why choose LV= Britannia Rescue UK & European Assist?
- 24/7 English-speaking breakdown assistance from our UK call centre
- Roadside assistance and recovery to a local place of repair in Europe and a national recovery in the UK
- We'll arrange repatriation of your vehicle back to the UK if it’s not fixed in time for your return journey
- Alternative travel arrangements if you break down before your trip or when in Europe
Here’s what you need to know before you head off on your roadtrip
- If you break down on the motorway or at a motorway service station in France, you’ll have to call for help from the orange SOS box on the side of the road, or 112 from your mobile.
- Recovery agents may not speak English, so customers are advised to call the assistance service if there is any translation required.
- Make sure you travel with your driver's licence and also the V5 of the vehicle, as most garages will ask for both of these.
- Only very minor repairs will be carried out at the roadside in Europe.
- It is illegal in France and some other European countries (Germany for one) to change just one tyre on an axle of a vehicle; both tyres on one axle need to be changed.
Want a little more info? Take a read of the policy document
You can get this and other documents from us in Braille, large print or audio by contacting us.