Why choose LV= Britannia Rescue Breakdown Cover?
- Unlimited call outs (as long as it's not a recurring problem)
- You can count on us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Our cheapest breakdown cover starts from just £30 a year
- You can compare and choose from five levels of cover
- Our mobile mechanics can fix and recover both fuel and electric vehicles
- We fix 4 out of 5 cars at the roadside*
*93% of 54,835 customers were able to complete their journey. From Agent Performance Report June 2022 - November 2022.
Our What3Words partnership
We've partnered with what3words to help make being stranded "erm, somewhere southbound on the M25?" a thing of the past.
If you download the free app before setting off on your journey we can find you easily if you breakdown.
Get cheaper breakdown cover if you already have LV= car insurance
You can benefit from cheaper breakdown and European breakdown cover if you add it to your LV= car insurance. If this sounds good to you, give us a call on 0330 678 5222 and we'll get it sorted.
Just so you know, optional Personal Cover is not available when adding Breakdown to your LV= car insurance.
If you don't have LV= car insurance and just want to get breakdown cover, no worries - check out the info below to see what's what.
What is Breakdown Cover?
It's Monday morning and your car won't start. If you don't know how to jump start a car, we're just a phone call away...
- Breakdown cover can also be referred to as breakdown recovery or roadside recovery, so please check if you already have this kind of cover with your bank before taking out a policy.
- Our trained mobile mechanics aim to fix your vehicle at the roadside. We have over 4,000 breakdown professionals.
- If a roadside fix isn't possible, we'll tow you to a nearby garage or to your home
- We repair and recover Petrol, Diesel, Hybrid and Electric cars
- We'll recharge your electric vehicle if you run out of battery mid-journey
- You can add optional extras like European cover, Personal cover or Home Start to your cover
- Personal Cover* protects you and your partner if you breakdown in a vehicle that's not yours. We'll cover you both in any privately-owned vehicle in the UK, whether you're driving or a passenger.
5 Star rated by Defaqto for our UK Recovery & Home Assist and UK & European Assist cover
*Please note: optional Personal Cover is not available when adding Breakdown to your LV= car insurance.
Choose the breakdown product that suits you...
- Cover that lasts for a year or more, with the option to renew automatically.
- The cheapest way to buy our standalone breakdown cover, and you can rest assured you're looked after all year round.
- Get a quote online or call us on 0330 678 7117. Lines open: Mon – Fri 8am – 8pm, Sat 9 – 5 and Sun 10 – 4. For TextPhone first dial 18001. Calls will be recorded.
- Off on a road trip? Get pay as you go monthly cover which you can cancel anytime.
- You'll get the same great service as our annual product with access to over 4,000 breakdown professionals.
- Get a quote by calling us. Lines open: Mon – Fri 8am – 8pm, Sat 9 – 5 and Sun 10 – 4. For TextPhone first dial 18001. Calls will be recorded.
Call us on: 0330 678 7117
Broken down with no cover?
- Car won't start? If you need a one off UK roadside recovery, we're here for you.
- Get the same reliable service you'd get with our annual product, with access to over 4,000 breakdown professionals.
- Get assistance now by calling us on our 24-hour breakdown line. For TextPhone first dial 18001. Calls will be recorded.
Call us on: 0330 678 7116
Let's see which of our 5 levels of annual cover works for you...
|Product name for Direct customers||Roadside Assist
||Roadside & Home Assist||UK Recovery||UK Recovery & Home
|UK & European Assist|
|Price|| £30 a year
|| £63 a year
|| £70 a year
|| £99 a year
|| £142 a year
|Cover for anyone driving the vehicle
|Assistance more than 1/4 mile from home|
|Local recovery up to 10 miles from where you break down|
|Cover at home|
|Same day recovery to anywhere in the UK|
|Hire car, alternate transport or overnight accommodation|
|European breakdown cover
|Cost to add personal cover||+£26||+£26||+£43||+£48||+£48|
What info do I need to get a breakdown insurance quote?
For a quicker quote, make sure you've got all of this to hand:
- Driver details – personal details like your date of birth, address and contact details for you and any named drivers.
- Vehicle details – information about your vehicle such as the make, model and registration.
- Eligibility – to make sure we can insure you, we’ll need to know if you are a UK resident and legally entitled to drive. We also need to make sure you don't have breakdown cover elsewhere - it's always best to double check that your bank isn't already providing you this.
At LV=, we want to help you to find the right breakdown insurance at the best price. Just because you may find it cheaper elsewhere, it may not necessarily provide you with everything you need.
For added peace of mind, we don’t charge a fee if you need to cancel during your cooling-off period. This gives you 14 days from when you receive your policy documents to cancel with no fees.
More about LV= Breakdown cover
LV= Breakdown cover FAQs
Right that's everything! Let's get you a quote...
Get a quick annual cover quote online
Prefer to call? No problem
Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm
Sat 9am - 5pm
Sun 10am - 4pm
For Text Phone first dial 18001
Calls will be recorded
Looking for something else? Perhaps these handy links can help
This page contains links to other sites - we're not responsible for the contents of any of these websites.