CARAVAN AND TRAILER INSURANCE
What about your caravan and trailer insurance policy?
If you’re planning to tow your caravan or trailer abroad (including to the Republic of Ireland), you should contact your car insurer who will need to provide separate Green Cards for your car and for your caravan or trailer.
If your car insurance is with LV= and you’re planning to travel abroad (including to the Republic of Ireland), you must request a Green Card to make sure you’re covered. Please follow the instructions under the motor insurance section above to order your Green Card.
Finally, let's talk about your pet insurance policy
Pet passports will now no longer be valid for trips either to Northern Ireland or the EU. Instead, you'll need an animal health certificate
New rules to take your pet abroad
The new rules for dogs, cats and ferrets are –
- They must be microchipped
- They must be vaccinated against rabies, although your pet must be at least 12 weeks before they can be vaccinated
- A period of 21 days must pass after the primary vaccination before you can travel
- A dog must be treated for tapeworm between 24 and 120 hours before arriving if you are travelling to a tapeworm free country
- Visit you vet within 10 days of your EU trip for an animal health certificate