- LV= staff organise leg waxing, cycle challenges, fancy dress, raffles and bake sales to raise money
- More than 200 LV= employees in Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Leeds volunteer to man the phones on behalf of the charity
- Almost £1.25m taken in donations and pledges since 2007
On Friday 13th November 2015, LV= employees across all of our UK offices organised and took part in a number of unusual activities to raise money for our chosen charity, Children in Need.
Children in Need is the BBC's UK charity. This popular telethon has raised more than £600m over the past 35 years, which has helped transform the lives of disabled children and young people in the UK. Children in Need now supports over 2,700 projects, working 365 days a year, up and down the country.
This year, staff at LV= were determined to raise more money than ever in order to help even more children and young people.
Some of the fundraising initiatives this year included:
- Leg waxing – Some of our hairiest digital marketing chaps offered up their legs to be waxed in the name of Children in Need! They even let us video the fateful moment when the wax strips were ripped off to reveal their hairless pins!
- Cycle challenge time trials – Colleagues competed against each other on static bikes to see how fast they could cycle eight miles.
- Dress as your childhood hero – From teenage mutant ninja turtles, to Harry Potter, to the Spice Girls (?!), LV= employees raised money by wearing fancy dress around the office all day, impressing colleagues with the commitment to their characters.
- Bake sales and raffles – Delicious homemade cakes and a host of wonderful prizes to win in raffles meant staff donated generously to Children in Need on the day.
Best of all, Pudsey bear, the Children in Need mascot, visited the LV= offices, happily posing for photos with the team.
He was even on hand to help answer phones alongside the 218 LV= volunteers in our Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Leeds call centre, who helped raise a staggering £139,909 by taking more than 5,297 telephone pledges and donations on the night.
Over the past eight years, LV= staff have taken £1,243,909 in donations and pledges and handled 39,931 calls!
A huge thank you to all of our caring colleagues across LV= who raised a fantastic £9,779.49 from fundraising activities this year. LV= committed to match the total raised, meaning Children in Need will receive £19,558.98 from the organisation.