- Over 350 of our customers in the Durham area were affected by the localised hailstorm
- In addition to the normal claims process, the LV= Claims team organised an emergency drop-in advice centre for customers in Durham
- Engineers and technical claims people were available on site to ask advice on what to do, customers could also phone in if they couldn't make it in person
When something like a storm hits our customers, we like to help get the best outcome as soon as possible. After the hailstorm in July 2015 caused damage to vehicles, our claims team set up an emergency drop-in advice centre at the Premier Inn Durham East Hotel (Broomside Park).
Customers were able to visit and speak directly with our engineers and claims handlers about damage to their vehicles, getting instant advice on what would happen next.
Our claims handlers and engineers also gave guidance over the phone too, for anyone who was unable to make it on the day.
Facts and figures
- The majority of the damage found was dents and some glass damage. On one VW Golf we found 197 dents!
- Despite the sheer number of vehicles damaged, only 13 cars out of the 360 were 'un-driveable'
We worked with three local network garages to get our customers back on the road as soon as we possibly could. And only 13 vehicles out of the 360 claims made were un-driveable.
Working with our local communities is always something we try to do to get the job done with the best outcome for our customers.