Streamlining the application process
How to speed up cases though underwriting.
Most of the delays in the application process happen when we’re waiting for reports to be returned from the General Practitioner (GP) and where 3rd party financial evidence is required, or where the applicant needs to attend a medical screening or examination
To reduce the delays we ask for your clients help in the following areas:
- to be aware of the importance of disclosure and the implications of non-disclosure
- to take their time to think about their medical history and if they’re not sure, tell us anyway and we can decide if it’s relevant to the application
- arrange any medical examinations or tests as soon as possible
- to read, complete and return any necessary paperwork accurately and promptly
And we try to speed things along as well:
- We have recently increased our medical limits for GP requests for Life and Critical Illness and removed this completely for Income Protection.
- Where medical reports are required we'll ring the surgery to check this has been received and will proactively chase any outstanding requirements.
- Where a medical examination is required we will try to arrange these with the client’s GP where possible to ensure a convenient location.
Our Flexible Protection Plan can be completed via a tele-application. You’ll just need to submit basic application details online and select ‘Express Route’ and we’ll contact your client to complete the full application over the phone.
Our tele-application process is proven to reduce the occurrences of non-disclosure as our expert interviewers are trained and experienced in guiding your client and asking the right questions.